CCEAM is a professional organisation dedicated to:
- Facilitating and disseminating knowledge about research and practice in educational administration, management and leadership.
- Encouraging high standards in the study, practice and preparation of educational administrators, managers and leaders.
- Fostering just and equitable programs and participation in educational administration, management and leadership in all Commonwealth countries.
- Fostering close links and exchanges, and organising and supporting international and regional conferences to promote international understanding and collaboration on various aspects of educational administration, management and leadership.
- Encouraging across the Commonwealth and more widely the development of national associations for educational administration, management and leadership.
The CCEAM is affiliated to the CCfE (the Commonwealth Consortium for Education). The CCfE was established by a group Commonwealth NGOs to coordinate and stimulate more coherence and a collective mechanism for interaction with Ministries and official Commonwealth educational see http://www.commonwealtheducation.org/